Battle of the Bands Rules and Regulations
- 18+ Only. Music submitted should be your two best songs uploaded in the form below which will be voted on by committee.
- The top 6 bands will be chosen to perform at the finals.
- Submissions must be received by April 26th and finalists will be announced on May 3rd.
- Finalists band's set must fill approximately 15 minutes.
- There is no limit to the number of bands who wish to apply for the competition.
- Judging is done on a 1 -10 scale by 3 qualified judges. The criteria on which the bands will be judged are explained below.
- Baltimore Lions club, Reverb Collective and Manta Ray records will not be held accountable for any broken equipment, injuries, or any other negative occurrences outside of our staff’s control.
The winner of the Battle of the Bands contest will be asked to play an encore after the final judgments . Please have an encore prepared in the event of VICTORY!
After clicking submit, Please be patient while your music uploads.
*Submissions must be received by April 26th and finalists will be announced announced on May 3rd
Finalist Showcase: June 1st, 2019
2112 N. Charles St.
Baltimore, MD 21218
Judging Scale and Criteria
1) Music (This criteria is based on clarity, lyrical content and overall musical performance) 1-10
2) Stage Presence and Crowd Interaction (This criteria is based on how well the band plays and how well the band connects with the crowd) 1-10
3) Appearance and Personality (Stage presence, overall look and personality.) 1-10
4) Original Material (This criteria judges the most important part of your act, your original material! Bands want to show originality in both their lyrical and instrumental performance to impress the judges) 1-10
5) Crowd Applause 1-10